- Tackling ongoing issues with drug-related crime in Netherwood Green.
- Dealing with the increase in anti-social behaviour, street dealing, drug use, discarded needles and drug paraphernalia.
Inspector Mike Austin
Welcome to the web page for Norwich South. We understand the impact crime and anti-social behaviour has on victims and work with our partners to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour. As Inspector for this area I am passionate that we deliver high-quality community policing accessible to everyone. It is imperative that people feel safe and are able to go about their lives without the fear of crime.
- The Golden Triangle: This area contains a variety of housing, with mainly privately owned properties lived in by professionals and families. Other properties are let out privately with mainly of these being occupied by students. The area borders Earlham Road, Newmarket Road and Mile End Road which have arterial routes in and out of Norwich.
- Eaton: This city suburb still has a village feel. Its stretches from Eaton Park in the north to Eaton Gold Club in the south-east, with the River Yare separating it from Cringleford. Eaton has a very popular park, including football pitches, tennis courts, a bowling green, a pitch and putt, a boating lake and a miniature railway.
- Lakenham and Tuckswood: This area is made up of privately-owned and council-owned properties. There are light to heavy industrial units, mostly in Old Lakenham and Tukswood. Green spaces are dotted about providing a safe recreational environment.