- Dalrymple Way: general anti-social behaviour and drug use within the area. Tackling this is a police priority with the main lead being beat manager PC Adam Binns.
- Suckling Avenue/ Rye Avenue: reducing parking obstructions and speeding. This is a joint police and council led priority.
- Catton Grove Road: dog fouling is an issue in this area and is being tackled by the council, with support from police.
Inspector Dan Cocks
I would like to welcome you to the web page for Norwich North.
I am privileged to work at such a terrific local policing command with a great team of dedicated officers, innovative partners and an understanding and supportive community, which allows us to build on the great work we collectively continue to keep the community safe. I very much look forward to meeting you if you have any issues or concerns you wish to discuss.
- The Norwich North Local Policing Area is made up of the four council wards of Catton Grove, Cromer (Heartsease), Mile Cross & Sewell (Silver Triangle).
- The Local Policing Area is a mixture of mostly residential properties, with industrial premises located in the area of Vulcan Road, Whiffler Road and the airport industrial estate. In addition there are a number of open spaces including heathland and several parks, all of which are maintained by Norwich City Council.
- The area includes Norwich International Airport which provides access to and from other parts of the United Kingdom and the rest of the world via Amsterdam.
- The area is divided into 4 micro-beats; each has a beat manager and team of designated PCSOs who are responsible for community engagement. The beats are aligned to the specific wards and are referred to as Mile Cross, Catton and Fiddlewood, Silver Triangle and Heartsease & Pilling Park.