- Combatting anti-social behaviour around the Shrublands Estate and surrounding areas.
- Identifying vulnerable people and making them aware of the many support agencies available to them.
- Continuing high visibility patrols around the Magdalen Estate.
Inspector Donald Dallas
Welcome to the Magdalen Safer Neighbourhood Team pages. We are committed to serving the community and responding to its needs. We aim to provide victims of crime and anti-social behaviour a first class service which includes keeping people updated with the progress of their investigation.
I am passionate that we deliver high-quality community policing and that we are accessible to everyone. It is imperative people feel safe and able to go about their lives without the fear of crime.
- The Magdalen Estate recently amalgamated with neighbouring Claydon and has become Magdalen and Claydon Ward.
- The area has the highest concentration of residential housing in the Great Yarmouth borough and the only major hospital facility in East Norfolk, the James Paget Hospital.
- The geographical beat no longer encompasses the high schools in the area but these educational premises are on the borders of this SNT. We do, however, house three primary schools.
- The Team works closely with partner agencies such as the local council and the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub in order to make the community a safe and pleasant place to live and work.