- Tackling anti-social behaviour.
- Addressing the number of burglaries in the area.
- Providing support and advice to combat rural crime.
- Downham Market theft from shops and set up of ShopWatch
Inspector Mark Cant
Welcome to the Downham Market Safer Neighbourhood Team page. The neighbourhood covers the market town of Downham Market along with 24 other villages.
We are listening to your issues and concerns and working with our partners to improve the quality of life in your neighbourhood.
Speak to your local officers at one of our bi-monthly Safer Neighbourhood Action Panel meetings or contact us by phone, email or online.
- Downham Market is a rapidly expanding market town on the edge of the Fens with good road and rail links and a full range of community facilities. The main A10, A134 and A1101 roads traverse the area together with the main London to King’s Lynn rail link.
- Together with the nearby market towns of King’s Lynn and Wisbech, it is the main retail centre servicing an otherwise rural area. Many of the local population are either employed in agriculture or commute by rail or road to nearby towns in both Norfolk and Cambridgeshire.
- Twenty four other villages fall within the neighbourhood.