- Tackle youth related anti-social behaviour by routine patrols of known hot spots and working closer with partners and residents.
- Continue to identify street improvements.
- Tackle the issue of speeding by liaising with local Speed Watch groups and Traffic Camera Teams.
Inspector Brian Sweeney
Welcome to the Aylsham Safer Neighbourhood pages. The team is dedicated to the Aylsham neighbourhood which is located in the rural Broadland district and comprises 16 parishes between Wroxham and Aylsham.
- The neighbourhood is located in the rural Broadland district and comprises 16 parishes between Wroxham and Aylsham. We serve approximately 16,470 people with a high number of retired residents, working families and elderly people. Because of our proximity to the Norfolk Broads we also attract a large number of seasonal tourists.
- Aylsham is the main town of the neighbourhood with many interesting features. These include Keys Auctions, Blickling Hall, regular farmers markets, the annual Aylsham Show and many other attractions. The Broads are also a key feature of our neighbourhood where visitors can hire boats.
- Policing challenges in Aylsham centre around a lack of youth facilities leading to anti-social behaviour and rural crime, often committed by people from outside the area.