Fingerprints form a vital part of forensic investigation as they are unique to an individual and invaluable in providing positive identification of an offender or eliminating someone from an enquiry. In Norfolk and Suffolk, more than 6000 cases are dealt with a year, identifying fingerprints left at approximately 2000 crime scenes.
At Wymondham there is a dedicated Fingerprint Bureau which is responsible for the identification of individuals through fingerprints on behalf of Norfolk and Suffolk.
The Fingerprint Bureau offers the facility of taking fingerprints of anyone who requires them for overseas clearance, or for foreign passport renewal.
You are required to bring photographic identification with you in order to use the service - photocopies will not be accepted.
You can bring either:
- a current passport or;
- a photo-card driving licence
How much does it cost?
- The fees for this service are set nationally and range from £77.70 to 93.24.
- The final cost will be provided once you have made an appointment.
- The fee can be paid in cash only and must be the exact amount.
- Please note the fee will be levied whether a full set of fingerprints or a single print is required.
How do I book an appointment?
To book an appointment, please contact the Fingerprint Bureau on 01953 424256, Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 4.00pm.
The fingerprinting service is only undertaken at the bureau based at:
Operations & Communications Centre (OCC)
Falconers Chase, Wymondham,
Norfolk, NR18 0WW
Tel: 01953 424256