Appeal following thefts from vehicles in Norwich
Police are appealing for information following a spate of thefts from vehicles in Norwich.
Four incidents have been reported to the police in the past week in which vans have been broken into and a number of items stolen from within.
The incident happened in:
- Lavengro Road, Norwich sometimes overnight between 4pm on 28 November and 8.15am on 29 November. Tools worth approximately £750 were stolen. (36/88859/21)
- Stafford Street, Norwich between 2.30pm and 9pm on 26 November. Van broken into and tools stolen. (36/88317/21)
- Northfields, Norwich sometime overnight between 27 November and 28 November. Tools stolen. (36/88605/21)
- Vicarage Road, Norwich sometime between 3.30pm and 5.30pm on 27 November. Tools stolen. (36/88582/21).
Officers are investigating the incidents and are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed them or anyone acting suspiciously in the above areas during the times stated, to come forward.
Motorists are reminded of the following crime prevention advice:
- Most thefts from vehicles are opportunist so lock all doors when the vehicle is unattended.
- Do not leave anything on display in your vehicle, thieves can sometimes mistake them for valuables and the damage they can do to the car to get in can be costly.
- Take all your belongings with you when you leave the vehicle. If you cannot, then lock them in the boot out of sight.
Further advice around vehicle security can be found here: Car Security | Norfolk Constabulary
Anyone with information should contact Op Solve on 101 quoting the relevant crime number. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.