Transactional Officer (Payroll)
Full Time (37 Hours) - Permanent
£24,546 - £27,774 per annum per annum
Closing Date: Friday 5 November 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2053 on application form
The Shared Services Transaction Centre (SSTC) provides back office support for both Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies. This support includes all financial and people transactions. This vacancy has arisen in our Payroll Team where we process all our payments for officers, staff and police officer pensioners. This is a very busy team which can offer varied payroll calculations and input work into our Oracle Finance system.
This post will supervise a team of 6 staff on a day to basis with the aim of producing 4 monthly payrolls for circa 6500 employees accurately and on time. This is a busy team often with demanding deadlines and the person should be able to manage their own workload and the daily demands from the team as well as the demanding and conflicting deadlines.
Applications are invited for the above post in the SSTC department at Suffolk Constabulary Headquarters at Martlesham. Home working will be a regular aspect of the working pattern.
The successful applicant will have a strong background in payroll and pensions.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience of working in a payroll transactional environment
- Proven technical knowledge and ability to apply HMRC statutory regulations
- Ability to interpret legislation, national guidance for example in respect of pay regulations
- Proven experience of interpreting and implementing financial procedures
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
- Proven experience of supervising staff
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of public sector finances
- CIPP qualification
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. These posts are offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].