Transactional HR Assistant
OCC, Wymondham or PHQ, Martlesham
Temporary until 31 March 2019
£19,719 - £22,221 per annum
Closing date: Friday 27 July at 5pm
Please quote on application form L616
The Transactional HR Assistant role is responsible for the day to day provision of advice and support to internal customers across all functions, in line with HR policy and procedures, and using force-wide HR systems. The role is an integral part of the HR team, and has the responsibility of providing a first line, accurate, professional response to all enquiries into the HR department and assistance with transactional HR processes.
Successful applicants will need to develop an excellent working knowledge of HR procedures and associated policies, coupled with and a basic understanding of employment law and police regulations in order to provide a robust Tier 1 service to internal customers in the context of specified SLAs.
You will need to be conscientious and have a passion for excellent customer service, being able to overcome any obstacles that could prevent or hinder delivery. You will be able to genuinely engage with others, understand needs, perspectives and concerns and use these insights to inform your actions.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Level 3 Foundation CIPD or equivalent experience (Associate)
- Able to make recommendations for improvements in relation to administrative systems and processes
- Proven and effective administrative skills. Understands the need for confidentiality
- An understanding of how to handle, resolve and escalate enquiries and pass on information promptly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident in using ICT systems such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (may be role specific systems)
- Able to plan, manage and review tasks for self and more junior team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Excellent time management and planning and organisation skills
- Able to support changes in service provision in a positive and constructive manner
- Able to work independently and seek advice and guidance when needed
- Is approachable and confident in coaching more junior members of the team to help them to acquire skills and experience
- Experience of taking ownership for delivering outcomes
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working in a HR, payroll or shared service function
- Prior experience of working with people systems (such as SAP, T-Police)
- Knowledge of the broader activities of the Police Service
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].