Transactional Clerk AP/AR Seized Monies
Full Time (37Hours) - Permanent
£19,032 - £20,706 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 28 January 2022 at 5pm
Job Ref: Please quote Ref: C1099 on application form
The Shared Services Transaction Centre (SSTC) provides back office support for both Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies. This support includes all financial and people transactions. This vacancy has arisen in our Accounts Payable/ Receivable Team/Seized Monies Team where we process all our supplier invoices for payment, manage banking processes, debt recovery and other related financial transactions.
This role will primarily provide administration support to our seized monies process but will offer support and assistance to the rest of the team working with our Oracle Finance system.
Applications are invited for the above post in the SSTC department at Suffolk Constabulary Headquarters at Martlesham. Home working will be a regular aspect of the working pattern.
The successful applicant will have a background in accounts payable and some finance experience would be useful.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience of working in a payroll and or Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable transactional environment or comparable transactional input environment
- Demonstrate ability to accurately process volume transactions to computerised systems
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to comply with Financial Procedures/Regulations of Service
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Demonstrate working knowledge of using computerised databases, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accurate keyboard skills
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Book-keeping qualification/CIPP qualification/CAPP qualification
- Knowledge of police sector finances
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]