Switchboard Customer Contact Agent
Full Time (37 Hours) - Permanent
£21,837 - £24,576 plus shift allowance and weekend allowance
Friday 7 October 2022 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2678 on application form
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic person with excellent communication and problem-solving skills. You will be required to administer various computer based systems such as Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Telephony systems.
The Contact & Control Room is at the hub of Norfolk Constabulary’s services.
The switchboard is the first point of contact into the Constabulary and the Customer Contact Agent role is to assess each contact quickly (for example phone calls, emails) and effectively signpost the customer appropriately. There are 3 full-time positions available.
Job advert (including person specification)
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Good keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, in particular Outlook
- Excellent verbal communication skills with an ability to retain a clear, professional approach with officers and staff of all levels and members of the public
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work on a shift pattern including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous Switchboard experience or previous experience in a customer service call-centre environment
Special conditions/Points to note
• There will be a requirement to work Monday to Friday 0800-1600 for 2 weeks training on commencement of the role.
• Whilst the role is normally based at the aforementioned location, you may be required to work at other establishments within Norfolk Constabulary as may be reasonably required. Police Staff Conditions of Service will be adhered to in such instances.
• All duties must be carried out in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and good practice. A ‘No Smoking in the Work-Place’ policy applies.
• All duties must be carried out in a manner that supports the Constabulary’s commitment to equality and inclusion.
• The post holder will be required to wear the uniform provided in accordance with uniform standards.
Hours of work are an average of 37 per week on a rotating shift pattern, which will include weekend and out-of-hours working for which the appropriate allowances will be paid. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
If there are more candidates successful than posts available then you will be put on a pass list and considered for any further vacancies for this role that may arise over the next six months.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a Recruitment and Assessment Centre and Interview on Saturday 12 November 2022 at Hethersett Old Hall.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact A/Inspector Sophie Getley, CCR Inspector at [email protected]
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email quoting reference L2678 to [email protected]