Specials and Volunteers Assistant
Part time (32.5 hours) - Permanent
Band C: £19,719 - £22,221 per annum / pro rata
Closing date: Friday, 25 January 2019 5pm
Please quote Ref: L832 on application form
An opportunity has arisen to become part of the Specials, Volunteers & Cadets Team, within Citizens in Policing in Suffolk Constabulary. The role of Specials & Volunteers Assistant is a varied, busy and rewarding one, Citizens in Policing is a fast growing area of Policing, where volunteers are sought to support and enhance Suffolk Constabulary. Our volunteers are extremely valued within our organisation and their support, development and retention is essential to maintain both the Special Constabulary and the Police Support Volunteer Scheme.
Our team not only recruit volunteers but are also responsible for their HR support so you will be busy every day, as not one of our volunteers are the same, neither will one of your working days be. You will be involved in all aspects of the recruitment and retention including interviews and assessment centres, training and all HR functions.
We are looking for someone who can not only motivate and support our volunteers but also has the ability to build rapport with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and skills.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate relevant experience of undertaking a range of clerical and administrative tasks including accurate data inputting to computerised systems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuade and motivate whilst retaining a professional and flexible approach with members of the public and staff at all levels
- Proven effective planning skills with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads and manage several work streams simultaneously
- Demonstrate advanced level of competency in both written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to liaise confidently and professionally with a wide range of audiences and work collaboratively with others to build positive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrate competent IT literacy and keyboard skills with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the post
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working with volunteers or within a Recruitment or Training environment
- Knowledge of positive recruitment
Hours of work are 32.5 hours per week, applicants can work flexibly and this can be discussed at interview. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].