£10.21 per hour, plus anti-social and weekend working allowances
Please quote Ref: Z28A on application form
Certain crime or incident scenes need to have a visible police presence on a 24/7 basis whilst investigations are completed. This can require additional staffing to guard the scene ensuring only authorised personnel are given access.
Applications are invited for the above role providing an opportunity to be an integral member of the frontline policing teams.
- preserving the integrity of the crime / incident scene
- running a scene log, detailing all persons entering / leaving the scene
- dealing with enquiries from the public and media
Staff will be issued with radios and / or mobile phones. Force transport is likely to be available from home station; however there may be times when staff will have to use their own vehicle. Mileage will be paid provided the required business insurance cover is submitted with claims.
Successful applicants will be allocated a base station dependent on their home address. They will be expected to deploy to various scenes as required across Norfolk, standing for long periods. Post holders will work with operational officers reporting to the local sergeant managing the scene. Line management support will be provided by the Citizens In Policing Team. Post-holders will be required to wear a uniform, be asked to work unsocial hours (evenings, nights and weekends) in all weathers doing a minimum of four duties per year. Full training will be given.
The successful applicant will have to pass vetting and need to evidence their suitability to the role within their written application. Experience of working in police, security and / or military environments would be advantageous.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative
- Effective verbal communication skills to communicate with colleagues and members of the public
- Ability to demonstrate good written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and close attention to detail
- Ability to maintain concentration for prolonged periods
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Hold a clean driving licence
- Basic keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working with confidential and sensitive information
- Experience of working in a police environment or similar
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Experience of dealing with confrontation
This post is offered on a zero hour’s basis.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Anyone who wishes to be considered for appointment should send a CV to the email address below or download the expression of interest form
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].