Safety Camera Enforcement Officer
Landmark House, Ipswich
£20,115 - £22,668 per annum / pro rata, plus weekend working allowance
Closing date: Friday 13 December at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1206 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Safety Camera Department based at Landmark House, Ipswich.
Principle purpose of the role
To implement the strategy for casualty reduction, conduct enforcement using mobile and fixed camera systems either at sites and on routes shown to have problems with casualties from speed related road collisions, or at sites where speeding is considered to be an issue, and produce the evidential material necessary for the offences detected to be dealt with correctly.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Effective communication skills to deal with sensitive and confrontational issues and to present evidence relating to traffic offences in writing and before court
- Experience of using computer system and basic keyboard knowledge
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and to prioritise and manage own workload within given deadlines
- Understanding of Health and Safety issues with regards to moving and handling equipment
- Proficient in navigating by road with ability to locate sites from maps, map references and written descriptions
- Accurate in making observations, collecting information and keeping records
- Proficient in operating and understanding technical equipment
- Holder of a full driving licence
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Understanding of the criminal justice system, road traffic law and rules of evidence
Hours of work are 22 per week on a six-week rota. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].