Part time (18.5 Hours) - Temporary (up to 12 months)
£39,585 - £44,928 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 24 September 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1893 on application form
SBOS consists of circa 100 people and has 2 core units. Its main purpose is to support both Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies on services and products for today, tomorrow and the future. This is achieved through strong risk, project and programme management, excellent analysis and appropriate research and insight. We help the constabularies focus on what’s important, make the right decisions and embrace and embed effective business and process change.
The department consists of two core units;
- Programme Management Office, and
- Operational Services
The Programme Management Office includes a Project & Improvement team, a Strategic Team and a Programme Team. They aid operational and strategic leaders in planning, prioritisation and decision making through an evidence based approach; providing a first class business planning, data insight and corporate change and project management capability.
Project Manager’s work within the Project & Improvement Team and are responsible for the effective planning, management and delivery of change projects within the joint space. This temporary post is to assist in an organisational review within the Joint Protective Services Command.
The role will be primarily based working from home but occasional travel including to either PHQ in Suffolk or Wymondham in Norfolk may be required.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Significant experience in project managing the full lifecycle of organisational projects, with a track record of timely and successful implementation
- Recognised professional qualification in project management such as Prince2 at practitioner level or equivalent (e.g. APM accredited)
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills
- Well developed oral and written communication skills (including business case, report writing and presentation skills) for effective communication to a wide range of stakeholders
- Well developed influencing and negotiation skills with proven interpersonal skills to deal with conflicting positions and resistance to proposals/change
- Proven organisational ability which demonstrates effective planning, management, prioritisation and sequencing of workload of self and others with minimal supervision.
- Experience of managing budgets across a spectrum of projects, including capital and revenue budgets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including writing and presenting business cases)
- Basic keyboard skills and a proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, Visio and Project
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the issues facing Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies at a local, regional and national level
- Experience of delivering projects which have required contract negotiation / management plus the on-going supplier management
- Experience of managing change in both the public and private sectors
Hours of work are 18.5 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis (up to 12 months).
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].