Full Time (37 hours) – Temporary for 1 year
£38,619 - £43,830 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 25 September at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C743a on application form
SBOS consists of circa 100 people and is spread across 3 teams and 2 locations. Its main purpose is to support both Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies on services and products for today, tomorrow and the future. This is achieved through strong risk, project and programme management, excellent analysis and appropriate research and insight. We help the constabularies focus on what’s important, make the right decisions and embrace and embed effective business and process change.
The department consists of three core units;
- Strategic Services
- Programme Management Office, and
- Operational Services
The Strategic Services team includes a Project & Improvement team, a Strategic Analysis team and a Data Insight team. They aid operational and strategic leaders in planning, prioritisation and decision making through an evidence based approach; providing a first class business planning, data insight and corporate change and project management capability.
Project Manager’s work within the Project & Improvement Team and are responsible for the effective planning, management and delivery of change projects. This temporary post is to assist in business process reengineering following the introduction of new technology and will seek to identify and deliver efficiencies, both quick wins and longer term.
The role will be based at Wymondham in Norfolk. Occasional travel will be required.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Significant experience in project managing the full lifecycle of major organisational projects, with a track record of timely and successful implementation
- Recognised professional qualification in project management such as Prince2 at practitioner level or equivalent (e.g. APM accredited)
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills
- Well developed oral and written communication skills (including business case, report writing and presentation skills) for effective communication to a wide range of stakeholders
- Well developed influencing and negotiation skills with proven interpersonal skills to deal with conflicting positions and a resistance to proposals/change
- Proven organisational ability which demonstrates effective planning, management, prioritisation and sequencing of workload of self and others with minimal supervision
- Experience of managing budgets across a spectrum of projects, including capital and revenue budgets
- Basic keyboard skills and a proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, Visio and Project
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the issues facing Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies at a local, regional and national level
- Experience of delivering projects which have required contract negotiation / management plus the on-going supplier management
- Experience of managing change in both the public and private sectors
Role Profile: project_manager.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Your application form should be accompanied by a CV.
Interviews will be held on 13 & 14 October.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications with CV by email to [email protected]