Professional Development Specialist
Hethersett Old Hall / Homeworking
Full Time (37 Hours) - Permanent
£28,725 - £32,673 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 3 December 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2017 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Learning and Development Department.
The post holder will be responsible for designing, facilitating and delivering a range of creative and innovative learning initiatives for all including current and future leadership teams, to improve leadership capability across Norfolk and Suffolk constabularies, to meet strategic goals and service plans, and effectively respond to organisational change.
The role will be predominately based at home although there will be some requirement to travel to our training site at Hethersett Old Hall, Norfolk or Suffolk headquarters based in Martlesham Health.
Interviews will be held during week commencing 10 January 2022
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate significant experience in a learning or teaching environment, using latest leadership models and thinking
- Proven experience in the design of blended learning solutions including coaching and e-learning
- Proven experience delivering facilitated learning interventions to first line management up to executive level
- Experience of translating strategy into specific plans and actions, and designing and developing solutions and strategies to meet organisational needs
- Effective planning and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure, effectively managing competing priorities with available resources
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively to build effective, positive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Competent coaching, influencing and presentation skills
- Ability to work autonomously on own initiative, with minimum guidance to develop and take ownership for resolving problems
- Ability to adapt positively to uncertainty and change, and encourage flexibility in others
- Demonstrate ability to be proactive and think strategically
- Able to travel regularly between Norfolk and Suffolk and further afield as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience in learning design technology for leadership development
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].