Police Digital Investigator Download Assistant
Full Time (37 Hours) - Permanent
£19,032 - £20,706 per annum
Closing date: Friday 21 January 2022 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C960 on application form
Want to be part of an exciting new role and take your first steps into a Digital Forensics or Digital Investigation’s career?
Work with the Norfolk Constabulary Investigations Directorate to shape and embed this new role, a key part of our workforce modernisation.
The Police Digital Investigator - Download Assistant is embedded within the Investigations Command and will support the Police Digital Investigators and Detectives to provide downloads of digital data from varying sources to support digital investigations. The post holder will;
- Provide timely and accurate extraction of data from seized mobile devices.
- Ensure that the extracted data is securely saved and stored as per Constabulary policies.
- Ensure that investigators can access extractions from agreed shared storage locations.
- Ensure evidential continuity of seized mobile devices and associated downloaded data.
- Provide evidential reports documenting your data extraction process as required.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of extraction processes along with maintaining an understanding of device, application and extraction equipment update processes.
- An ability and willingness to learn new methodologies and processes across varied and emerging technologies to provide triage and download support to the Digital Investigation Team and Detectives.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and grade as may reasonably be requested by line-management.
- Full training will be given for the software the role is required to use.
Applications are invited for the above post in the Investigations department at Swaffham Investigations Hub.
In the initial stages, you will be based at the Swaffham Investigations Hub but the role could also involve occasional working from OCC, Wymondham and the Broadland Investigation Hub.
The role holder may occasionally be required to spend time at other locations.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Technical aptitude with the ability to learn how to operate extraction software
- Understanding of Windows File Systems and how to provide links to extracted data to requesting officers and staff
- Willingness to provide evidence by producing statements and attending court when required.
- To be able to plan, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads with the ability to complete tasks independently, demonstrating initiative with minimum supervision.
- Effective interpersonal skills and communication skills to enable liaison with other Constabulary staff.
- Experience in accurately collating and controlling confidential information
- Ability to travel as required within Norfolk and Suffolk
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System
- Knowledge of MSAB and the associated XRY technologies or experience of other technical software used to download data
- Knowledge of SPEKTOR triage technologies or experience of other software used for triaging technology
- Technical background with either demonstrable work experience within a digital forensics discipline or relevant academic qualifications
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
We are offering applicants to propose a working pattern that suits them at the point of application.
The Constabulary is seeking to provide seven day a week coverage. The hours proposed at application will be discussed at interview so as to accommodate a successful applicant’s proposal and the aspired for coverage.
By way of example;
Post One – Between 08.00 and 16.00 Wednesday to Sunday inclusive.
Post Two – Between 08.00 and 16.00 Sunday to Thursday inclusive.
Post Three – Between 08.00 and 16.00 Friday to Tuesday inclusive.
When submitting your application, please outline your proposed working hours.
Weekend hours or hours worked after 18.30 hrs. will attract pay enhancement.
These posts are offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]