Personal Safety Trainer
Full Time (37 Hours) - Permanent
£28,725 - £32,673 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 28 January 2022 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2237on application form
Learning and Development is a joint department currently delivering high quality training courses to officers and staff across Norfolk and Suffolk constabularies. Applications are invited for the above post at Hethersett Old Hall although there may be a requirement to travel to Suffolk and other parts of the region on an occasional basis.
This role will primarily be responsible for the delivery of dynamic Personal Safety Training to operational officers and staff within the framework of personal safety training and to ensure training provision is relevant to operational policing. Therefore, this post is ideally suited to a candidate with recent experience of delivering Personal Safety within an operational setting.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of developing both classroom based and physical training courses from the planning stage to delivery
- Possess and demonstrate the ability to maintain a high level of physical fitness necessary to carry out the requirements of the job
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and oral communication skills, maintaining control of students and motivating as required
- Proven ability to work with the minimum of supervision and use own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate good organisational and written communication skills
- Experience of using computer systems, ideally with experience of Powerpoint and word processing packages
- Possession of a relevant qualification in physical education, Personal Safety or equivalent experience
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience in directing personal safety training or self-defence training in a police or similar environment
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Possession of current First Aid certificate
- The minimum qualification for this post is the possession of an initial teacher training qualification, health and safety qualification and a Personal Safety Trainers Certificate. In the case of anyone appointed without the appropriate qualifications, the qualifications must be obtained within one year of appointment.
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday 08.00-16.00 hours with occasional weekend working. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]