Full Time – Permanent
Starting Band F £31,365 - £35,808
Closing date: Friday 14 September 2017 at 5pm
Please quote L656a on application form
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work in the Network Team in the ICT Department, supporting the Suffolk and Norfolk forces' joint network and telephony systems. Challenges exist in maintaining existing services, monitoring and controlling costs, responding to customer requirements and participating in force and national projects. The work is technical and specialised, but also requires a confident customer service manner and ability to communicate clearly at all levels both verbally and in writing.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Current Cisco CCNA or minimum of level 5 qualification (e.g. HND, degree) in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering / related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in an IP network and VoIP environment with demonstrable up-to-date technical knowledge
- Good keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Ability to analyse complex numerical data and identify trends and anomalies
- Ability to write technical reports in a high standard of written English
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Proven ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Ability to work outside office hours as required
- Full UK driving licence, owing to the need to drive police vehicles carrying heavy equipment, occasionally out of hours
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Recent technical qualification in networking such as CCNP or equivalent
- Professional membership such as MIET or MBCS
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis. The successful applicant will be required to join an on-call rota for out of hours support.
Candidates will be required to undertake a written technical test as part of their application.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].