Joint Force Disclosure Officer x 2
OCC, Wymondham OR PHQ, Martlesham
Full Time (37 hours) – Permanent
Band E: £26,802 – £30,483 per annum
Closing date: Friday 29 June 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L446 on application form
Applications are invited for the above posts in the Joint Disclosure Unit based at OCC, Wymondham and PHQ, Martlesham.
The Joint Disclosure Unit is responsible for supporting both constabularies in respect of disclosure at all levels to develop consistent working practices across both constabularies together with CPS Norfolk, Suffolk, Complex Case Unit and other agencies.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity within a collaborated unit and as such the department is seeking a dynamic person who has strong investigative and organisational skills with an ability to work as an effective team member.
The successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Acting as a practitioner under the Criminal Procedure Investigation Act 1996 (CPIA) as the ‘Disclosure Officer’ on serious and complex cases and compiling and submitting Disclosure schedules as appropriate
- Attending court as the ‘Disclosure Officer’ and where necessary give evidence or otherwise present aspects of Disclosure as part of criminal proceedings
- Providing tactical and strategic advice to Senior Investigating Officers and OIC’s in respect of Disclosure for relevant criminal investigations
- Support training and development programmes in respect of Disclosure training and deliver training presentations on the role of a Disclosure Officer to internal and external audiences, and to represent Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies at seminars/meetings with other police forces and agencies
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience as a Disclosure Officer or in a similar role handling unused material in criminal proceedings
- Proven ability to identify and manage risk with the ability to make sound judgement in respects of the disclosure of information
- Demonstrate strong investigative qualities with effective organisation and time management skills and the ability to challenge outcomes as appropriate
- Proven ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Basic keyboard skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Ability to travel and work within Norfolk and Suffolk and beyond to attend court and other meetings as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of working with HOLMES in a criminal investigation
Hours of work are 37 hours Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].