Full Time (37 hours) – Permanent
Band E: £27,339 - £31,095 per annum
Friday 26 July 2019 at 5pm
Please quote L1070 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Serious Cases Unit within Professional Standards at the Suffolk PHQ office.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of a highly skilled and well-motivated team with the post of Investigating Officer in the Serious Cases Unit. The successful candidate will act as Investigating Officer in respect of complaints and internal investigations involving police officers and staff of Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience of carrying out investigations within a legislative framework
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Police Complaints and Misconduct Regulations
- Experience of effectively collecting and analysing pertinent facts from general information
- Experience of working in an environment where discretion and confidentiality are required
- Demonstrate a professional approach to work
- Demonstrate self-motivation with the proven ability to work accurately and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Basic keyboard skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to travel as required across both counties
- Ability and willingness to work outside normal office hours and on call as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Working knowledge of the Human Rights Act and civil litigation as it is applied to the police service
- Background knowledge of criminal law and police procedures including the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and associated Codes of Practice or demonstrate ability to obtain such knowledge
Hours of work are 37 per week, between Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].