Intelligence Support Officer CIB
Part Time (14.8 hours) - Permanent
Band D: £23,946 - £27,096 per annum/pro rata, plus weekend working allowance
Friday 3 April 2020 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1376 on application form
Applications are invited for the role of Intelligence Support Officer based at OCC, Wymondham.
The successful applicant will be required to facilitate the distribution of information and intelligence in and out of Force for Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies, maintaining good links with key partner agencies and to provide a specialist research function to support incidents, operations and investigations.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the 3x5x2 evaluation process
- Experience of collating, analysing and evaluating complex information with the ability to compose clear, concise reports based on the findings
- Demonstrate knowledge of the National Intelligence Model (NIM) and Management of Police Information (MOPI)
- Good keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office with the ability to learn other computerised systems
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and effective communication skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours, to include weekends, as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience in identifying and highlighting development opportunities that relate to emerging issues and risks
- Previous experience of working within an Intelligence environment
The post holder is required to work a 7 week rolling shift pattern. There are two shifts within CIB, these are; 0800hrs to 1600hrs or 1000hrs to 1800hrs and they alternate each week. Once in seven weeks the post holder will be required to work weekend shifts (0800hrs-1600hrs) with rest days given during the week. The weekend working attracts a weekend enhancement. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have to pass Management Vetting (MV).
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].