Image Technician – NGAP Team
Landmark House, Ipswich
£20,115 – 226,668
Closing date: Friday 26 April at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L828-20 on application form
To provide copies and extracts of evidential material, including audio/visual media captured from a variety of digital and analogue sources, maintain recording and associated equipment. Ensure the secure short term storage of any material and make arrangements for long term retention in line with Force policy.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Technical background to include experience of recovering data from CCTV and audio/video systems and other electronic equipment
- Ability utilise a number of different extraction and software tools to produce digital evidence in a common format
- Ability to provide professional evidence by producing statement and attending court when required
- To be able to plan, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads with the ability to complete tasks independently, demonstrating initiative with minimum supervision
- Development and maintenance of the audio/video suite by keeping up to date with new technology
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills to enable liaison with other forces, agencies and members of the public
- Numeracy and Literacy skills demonstrated by GCSE Grade C or equivalent English and Mathematics or 2 years comparable practical experience
- Proven experience in collating and controlling confidential information
- Proven experience of successfully achieving accuracy and quality standards
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working within an audio/video based environment
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System
- Relevant technical IT qualifications
- Previous experience in a clerical/administrative environment
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to email@example.com.