Part Time (37 Hours) - Permanent
£25,062 - £28,359
Friday 30 September 2022 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2651 on application form
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join the Joint Major Investigation Team working as a HOLMES Reader within the Major Incident Room based at Martlesham.
As part of a team, led by a Senior Investigating Officer (SIO) you will be responsible for reading and assessing the content of all material in accordance with MIRSAP (Major Incident Room Standardised Administration Procedures), identifying the content to be indexed and giving explicit instructions to raise appropriate actions in line with the SIO’s priorities and Major Lines of Enquiry (MLOE). You will participate in Major Incident Briefings and any other duties commensurate with the role and grade.
The Major Investigation Team is a Joint Norfolk and Suffolk unit and although this post is based at Martlesham you will be reasonably required to work across both counties on Major and Serious Crime. There may be requirements to work additional hours outside of normal working hours and weekends.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate an investigative ability and mind-set including an understanding of investigating major enquiries
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Experience and/or knowledge in the use of HOLMES
- Holds the HOLMES reader qualification or is prepared to undertake the necessary training to achieve this within 6 months (subject to availability of training)
- Demonstrate ability to work proactively using own initiative
- Good keyboard skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel throughout East Anglia as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of the Murder Investigation Manual 2006 (MIM) and Major Incident Room Standardised Administrative Procedures 2005 MIRSAP
- Previous experience of working in a Major Incident Team environment
- Ability to perform other HOLMES related roles/functions
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday 8-4 but due to the nature of the post the post holder may be asked to work flexibly or to work additional hours on occasion. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]