Health & Safety Advisor
Full time (37 hours per week) Permanent
Band F: £31,995 – £36,525 per annum
Friday 19 July 2019
Please quote Ref: L1050 on application form
Norfolk Constabulary has a rare opportunity to join the small, but busy Joint Health and Safety Team working across Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies.
Are you a customer focused individual who can provide a professional service including advice, support resources and interventions to enable the successful resolution of a diverse range of health and safety issues within a framework of corporate and legislative requirements?
Do you have some post qualification experience in the application of health and safety legislation and hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent as a minimum?
Do you have the ability to interpret and provide advice on a diverse range of health and safety issues and travel around Norfolk and Suffolk and when required through the UK?
Have you answered yes to the above? Well this could be the career opportunity you have been looking for.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Level 4 NVQ in Occupational Safety and Health Practice or equivalent
- Experience of providing health and safety advice in a large organisation
- Experience of developing health and safety policies and procedures
- Experience of designing and delivering presentations
- Basic keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to travel as required, mainly within Norfolk and Suffolk
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health or similar professional body
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Norfolk / Suffolk constabulary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].