PHQ, Martlesham or OCC, Wymondham
Part TIme (18.5 hours) - Permanent
Band E: £26,802 - £30,483 per annum / pro rata
Friday, 25 January 2019 5pm
Applications are invited for the above post based at PHQ Martlesham or OCC Wymondham, to work as part of a small team involved in the recovery and examination firearms for the purpose of identification and classification under the Firearms Acts; providing expert opinion and evidence.
The successful applicant will have an extensive background of working in the field of firearms.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience in the field of firearms and ammunition demonstrating a detailed knowledge of firearms identification and legislation
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of the National Ballistics Intelligence Service
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Ability to gather, assimilate and accurately record information obtained from various sources
- Good IT skills and experience of using a range of databases
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience of maintaining electronic databases and paper records
- Full driving licence to be able to travel throughout Norfolk and Suffolk on Constabulary business, for which a vehicle will be provided
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Awareness of the Forensic Science Regulator’s Codes of Practice and the principles of working in a quality management environment to an accredited standard.
Hours of work are 18.5 per week Wednesday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].