OCC, Wymondham / PHQ, Martlesham / Home Working
Full Time (37 Hours) - Temporary to 31 January 2023
£33,618 - £38,376 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 17 September 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1977 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Joint Financial Accounting and Specialist Functions Section. The role will manage the Financial Accounting Integrity Team, delivering a professional and technical accounting service to both Constabularies.
The successful applicant will be an experienced Financial Accountant, with experience of complex accounting reconciliation, VAT accounting, implementation of IFRS (specifically IFRS 16) and systems accounting.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Part qualified CCAB accountancy qualification (to Applied Skills Level (ACCA) or Management Level (CIMA)) or comparable equivalent
- Proven experience of involvement with preparation of Statement of Accounts
- Demonstrate effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team
- Demonstrate technical accounting knowledge including IFRS
- Proven ability in managing computerised accounting systems including spreadsheets and databases.
- Proven ability to manage change, meet deadlines and achieve objectives under pressure
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- CCAB accounting qualification
- Knowledge of public sector accounting procedures and the Local Authority Accounting Code of Practice
Hours of work are 0800 to 1600 Monday to Friday with flexibility on start & finish times in accordance with the organisation’s flexible working policy. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].
Please attach role profile.
The role profile should be provided in a .PDF format and is for external use. This means that there should be no ‘chief constable signature’ required.