Band D - £22,902 - £25,914
Friday 26th October 2018 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L735 on application form
The Estates Department provide services in accordance with the Police & Crime Commissioners’ Estates Strategies for Norfolk and Suffolk respectively. Applications are invited for the above post in the Estates Department at Suffolk Police Headquarters (PHQ) Martlesham Health.
The successful applicant will manage a team of directly-employed staff who provide reception & postal services; logging visitors & vehicles for events/meetings contacting hosts as required. Police Station services are not provided at PHQ, suitable redirection is therefore required for public enquiries that fall outside of the reception remit.
The post holder will oversee contractor services on site for cleaning, grounds, catering and waste disposal liaising with occupiers and ensuring they are informed of day-to-day site issues.
The Post holder will act as the Responsible Person for site safety including fire safety.
Applications are invited for the above post in the Estates department at PHQ Martlesham.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience of effectively managing a team with the ability to coordinate staff in different areas of work
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to create detailed and concise reports
- Demonstrate good verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with staff/officers of all levels and external bodies
- Demonstrate experience in or a good knowledge of Facilities activities
- Experience in monitoring corporate contracts
- Demonstrate knowledge of legislation and issues affecting the management of premises and facilities
- Previous experience of managing budgets and working within financial constraints
- Previous experience of using computer systems to include word processing, databases and spreadsheets
- Ability to travel throughout Norfolk & Suffolk as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Qualification relevant to facilities management service provision
- BIFM membership or working towards this status
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].