Facilities Assistant - PFI
Full Time (37 Hours) - Temporary for 2 years
£21,135 - £23,817 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 24 September 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2032 on application form
This post is within the Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies Joint Estates, Facilities and Private Finance Initiative (PFI) Department. The role will support the management of two PFI contracts on behalf of Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies.
The post holder will provide effective administration support in the management of PFI contracts.
The successful applicant will be a good communicator at all levels, liaising with PFI contractors and Constabulary staff, providing a point of contact for various contract issues that may arise.
Main activities of the role:
- Liaison with departments in PFI and building / accommodation issues
- Evidence gathering for KPIs, photographing where necessary
- Assist in audits and quality checks
- Assist with all logistics in the event of a major incident
- To liaise with contractors regarding vetting process
- Arrange courses, payment, travel and accommodation for the team
- Undertake inventory checks at premises
- Assist in gathering information and / or undertaking research and preparation of information for Departmental projects
- Any other duties commensurate with the Assistant roles in the whole Estates & Facilities Department as may reasonably be requested
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate competent numeracy, literacy and keyboard skills with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels, contractors and members of the public
- Demonstrate good organisational and prioritising skills with the ability to co-ordinate the work of others including contractors and staff
- Proven experience of attending meetings and taking notes
- Experience of monitoring budgets and operating ordering and invoicing processes
- Ability to undertake business travel as required
- Previous experience within an administrative / clerical role including use of manual and computerised administrative records
- Proven ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Experience of recording, manipulating, and analysing data in database and spreadsheets
- Proven ability to create accurate written reports
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience within a PFI/Facilities environment
- Ability to occasionally work outside normal office hours
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].