PHQ, Martlesham – Hybrid (Rota)
Full Time (37 Hours) – Permanent
£35,223 - £39,942 per annum
Friday 13th January 2023 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2102 on application form
This post is within the Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies Joint Estates & Facilities Department.
The role will undertake Estates projects both capital and revenue maintenance schemes, the identification and appraisal of options along with informing a programme for the development and delivery of capital projects, appraising the allocation of space and accommodation all to meet Constabulary strategic requirements. This will include support and management of a database of property information along with providing direction, control and supervision of outsourced property management services relating to both land and buildings schemes.
The successful applicant will be a good communicator at all levels, liaising with contractors and Constabulary staff, providing a point of contact for various contract issues that may arise.
Main activities of the role:
- To undertake the management of building maintenance, minor works and projects within the capital and revenue building programmes
- To manage allocated estates budgets and resources
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects
- To provide professional and specialist estates knowledge and advice to identify and remedy property defects
- To undertake allocated with property acquisitions and disposals
- To maintain and develop the Forces asset registers and property databases
- Ensure that requests for new or different accommodation are identified and prioritised
- Assist with the identification, development and implementation of projects to minimise the consumption of energy and utilities
- Ensure adherence to Financial and Contract Regulations of each Constabulary
- Draft and make recommendations to more senior staff on all aspects of Policy and Procedure
- To research and analyse data and prepare reports
- Any other duties commensurate with the Estates Officer role in the whole Estates & Facilities Department as may reasonably be requested
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of managing and delivering construction, projects, building maintenance programmes and general contract management
- Possession of HNC BTEC in Construction or equivalent qualification and/or with knowledge of legislation applicable to the management of premises and facilities
- Basic keyboard skills and ability to use MS Office Suite
- Previous experience in managing budget and working within financial constraints
- Possess experience of managing and motivating building contractors and consultants
- Demonstrate the ability to supervise and motivate staff, together with experience of managing external consultants
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills, with the ability to produce clear, concise reports
- Ability to undertake the physical requirements of the role, for example climbing ladders and working in restricted spaces
- Ability to travel as required mainly around Norfolk and Suffolk and occasionally further within the UK
- Willingness to provide out of hours callout support
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Ability to use property management ICT packages and Architectural AutoCAD
- Previous experience of working in a client serviced role within the public sector
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This is a permanent post.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]