Enquiry and Court Officer
Carmelite House, Norwich
Full Time (37 hours) – Permanent
Band : £23,361 - £26,433 per annum
Closing date: Friday 22 February 2019 at 5pm
Please quote C372 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Safety Camera department at Carmelite House.
The successful applicant will complete enquiries from Safety Camera Enforcement activity and officer issued notice to bring offenders to justice and present evidence in court on behalf of the Safety Camera Partnership..
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to deal effectively with sensitive and confrontational issues
- Ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the legal requirements and presentation skills necessary to assemble and present evidence effectively in written form and before a court.
- Proven investigative and interview skills
- Proven ability to work unsupervised on own initiative
- Proven experience of prioritising and managing workloads within given deadlines
- Ability to travel within Norfolk and Suffolk
- Good computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience within a police or legal environment
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Norfolk and Suffolk constabularies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to below email address quoting vacancy Reference Number: C372
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.