Full (37 Hours) - Temporary to 31 March 2022
£21,135 - £23,817 per annum plus on call allowances
Closing date: Friday 11 June 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1844 on application form
The Resource Management Unit (RMU) is a key function within the force. Responsible for providing an effective and efficient service in relation to all aspects of officer duties and resource management, undertaking day-to-day administration, preventing staffing shortages, planning for events and maximising the use of resources.
As a duties planner you will be required to assist with set-up and maintenance of the duties system, manage duties across the Force, having due regard to safety, operational requirements, abstractions and cost effectiveness. Due to the nature of the role you will be required to work under pressure to tight deadlines, events and abstractions often arise with little or no warning.
The successful applicant will possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure. Complete forward planning for events and operational policing, mobilisation of resources and advising staff of necessary duty changes, calling out officers at short notice and making the necessary adjustments to rotas/work patterns. You will provide information and statistical data on staffing levels, commitments and abstractions and assist with the costing of specific events.
You will be required to maintain compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, conditions of service and best practice guidelines, in particular having due regard to rest breaks / periods, and entitlements.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the role of the out-of-hours on-call planner after a period of training in various aspects of duty planning and resourcing. An on-call allowance is applicable to this function which is undertaken on a rota basis.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven administrative experience with the ability to follow set procedures and manage multiple work streams
- Evidence of effective planning and organisational skills to manage sometimes conflicting priorities to meet objectives and deadlines with the minimum of supervision
- Demonstrate methodical and flexible approach, with high accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to remain calm under pressure and in conflict situations
- Demonstrate competent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of audiences at all levels
- Demonstrate accurate and competent keyboard skills
- Proven IT literacy with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to update and maintain computerised databases
- Proven ability to gather and review information, identify options and recommend or select appropriate actions
- Demonstrate strong customer focus
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Understanding of the demands of operational policing, and or experience of managing shift patterns/rosters
- Understanding of working time legislation and general terms and conditions of employment
Hours of work are 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday, covering Early and Late turn, between 0800 and 1800. RMU also operate a 7 day on-call rota covering overnight and weekend provision and the appropriate additional allowance is provided. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].