Drugs Expert Witness
Martlesham or Halesworth
Full Time (37 hours) - Permanent
Band F: £32,796 - £37,440 per annum
Friday, 13 December 2019 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1042 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post within the Cyber, Intelligence and Serious Organised Crime Directorate based at Martlesham or Halesworth.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven extensive experience of formulating expert witness statements and providing evidence at Crown Court in trials relating to all areas of Drug trafficking
- Significant experience in investigating offences relating to Drug Trafficking
- Demonstrate highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise at all levels within the organisation and externally with partner agencies
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise a diverse workload to set deadlines with the ability to respond to urgent requests
- Good keyboard skills and competent use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel throughout the County and further afield as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate some experience of delivering Drug Expert Evidence in Accordance with Part 19 of the Criminal Procedure Rules
- Successful attendance at recognised specialist Expert Witness, Drugs and Exhibits courses
- Presenting and promoting drugs best practice advice at a National level
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].