Casual Worker (0 hours)
Band E: £13.89 per hour
Friday 28th September at 2018 5pm
Please quote Ref: L646 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Joint Driver Training Unit located at OCC, Wymondham.
Principal purpose of the role:
To provide instruction in the driving of all types of Police vehicle and associated duties, up to and including advanced driver level.
The successful applicant will also provide:
- Driving instruction to Police candidates on a range of vehicles, and in accordance with The College of Policing Driver Training Learning Programme
- Effective classroom inputs based upon The College of Policing Driver Training Learning Programme
- Driving assessments - to consider the suitability of candidates to drive police vehicles
- Eyesight testing of nominated Police drivers
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Qualified to Advanced Driver level
- Previous experience as a driver trainer
- Be the holder of an unrestricted Category C1 and D1 driving licence or successful acquisition of both categories within 6 months of appointment
- Meet the DVLA Group Two higher medical standards in all respects
- Have a personal attribute of developing and contributing to effective team work
- Proven ability to work with the minimum of supervision and with initiative and resourcefulness
- Proven oral and written communication skills, with the ability to speak clearly, concisely and inspire confidence where appropriate
- Ability to travel to work at other locations as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Qualified to Police advanced driver level and have, or have had, an effective Police operational background at that driving level
- Qualified in the Management of Police Pursuits at Tactical level
- Qualified as a Police advanced rider
- Qualified as a Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor
Hours of work are 37 per week. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].