Digital Business Analyst
HOMEWORKING with office base at OCC, Wymondham or PHQ, Martlesham
Full Time (37 Hours) - Temporary for 12 months
£30,375 - £34,287 per annum
Friday 17th February 2023 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2833 on application form
Join the ICT Digital Delivery Team and help to deliver exciting digital transformation to both Norfolk and Suffolk constabularies. Our team of Project Managers and Business Analysts work together to help turn ideas into actual systems and solutions, improving existing processes and finding new ways of working to deliver benefits to the forces and transforming and mobilising our frontline officers.
The role of Digital Business Analyst involves:
- Engaging with office-based users, frontline police officers, and key stakeholders to capture requirements for any developments they may need to deliver organisational goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Understanding the business and system process and documenting these in a clear and concise manner.
- Assisting with the identification of a suitable solution or identifying the work needed to carry out a scoping exercise.
- Being an integral part of a project delivery team ensuring that the solution delivered meets the customer requirements.
- Working with the customer and the project team from the design stages through testing and training, and to successful implementation.
- Learning about the many aspects of policing and gaining an understanding of those services critical to delivering a brilliant service to our customers, the residents of Norfolk and Suffolk.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an applicant who has:
- Significant, demonstrable experience in a similar role with proven stakeholder engagement.
- An understanding of how technology solutions can enhance operational performance at point of delivery.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to translate operational and business requirements into technological solutions.
- A strong ability to accurately capture user requirements and document the findings in a clear manner.
- Effective planning, time management, and prioritisation skills, and who can sequence their workload with minimal supervision.
- Experience of project development/delivery through analysis, development and testing.
- Systems analysis capability demonstrable by experience of analysis of an actual application.
- Very good communication skills both verbally and written
- A full driving licence, as there will be opportunities to travel throughout Norfolk and Suffolk.
An experience of policing at local, regional, and national levels will be helpful in this role, as will experience of managing change in the public sector.
What we can offer
- As an employer we understand your need for a good work life balance, which is why flexible working is available should you need it.
- We appreciate that you’ll need opportunities to recharge and revitalise, and the 24 day’s annual leave will help with this.
- We also want to look after you and your health, so our Workplace Health team provide an employee assistance programme, peer support groups, and wellbeing training to help support you mentally, with access to the sports and social club to support you physically and socially.
- We encourage a diverse, equal, and inclusive workforce in an organisation that values its people and seeks to develop and encourage them to progress their careers in policing.
- Access to the Blue Light card discount scheme
- And finally, but perhaps most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference to the communities of Norfolk and Suffolk.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Norfolk/Suffolk constabularies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications or CVs by email to [email protected]