DBA Technician (SQL)
Location OCC, Wymondham
Temp / Perm Full Time (37 hours) - Permanent
Salary (including ‘pro rata’ - if required) Band E: £27,339 - £31,095 per annum, plus £10,000 Market Supplement
Closing Date Friday, 18 October 2019 at 5pm
Job Ref Please quote Ref: L1143 on application form
Applications are invited from an experienced SQL Server DBA to join a team that supports Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies suite of mission and business critical databases.
The daily work involves assisting with the technical aspects of some major ICT projects, technology refreshes and effectively maintaining the constabulary’s databases in support of front-line policing for both forces.
The Database team is a fast-paced and technically competent team within the ICT Department and you will manage either Oracle or SQL Server Database support for over 150 different Applications that potentially serve in excess of 6,000 customers.
The ideal candidate will have general and specialist technical skills, relevant experience and will also show great attention to detail. The post holder will be required to communicate well and be able to explain technical issues to less specialist colleagues, including application specialists with whom they will work closely.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate significant technical ICT experience, including full system lifecycle and analytical skills along with a methodological, careful approach to detail and respect for business data
- Demonstrate a proficient working knowledge in the configuration and support of servers using recent versions of Unix, Linux and/or MS Windows operating systems
- Proven ability to install, configure and support databases, ideally recent versions of SQL Server, including associated reporting systems
- Proven experience of producing and maintaining SQL, (Microsoft) T/SQL code
- Proven expertise in supporting client/server applications, including workstation dependencies
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, written and oral communication, evidencing team working and motivation skills
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within Norfolk and Suffolk as required
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours if required and on a regular basis as part of an ICT ‘on call’ rota
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- ITIL Foundation (V2 or V3) qualification
- A formal recognised ICT qualification
Hours of work are 37 per week, which will include taking part in the call out rota. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].