Data Protection Assistant
Location: OCC, Wymondham
Temp / Perm: Permanent
Salary: £23,946 - £27,096 pro rata
Closing Date: Friday 13 December 2019
Job Ref: C548
Applications are invited for the above post in the Information Management Team at Police Headquarters, OCC, Wymondham.
The successful applicant will support the Information Management team in ensuring that the Constabulary meets its statutory obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018, GDPR and associated legislation through researching police information systems and responding appropriately to requests for information from members of the public and a variety of external organisations. The successful applicant will also provide advice and guidance to internal and external customers on their individual rights and gaining access to information.
The successful applicant should demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills, experience of a customer service role, together with the ability to liaise with other organisations, the general public and all levels of staff. Furthermore, you should have knowledge of Data Protection with evidence of managing a multiple workload and working effectively in a team environment.
Job advert (including person specification)
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Practical knowledge of the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR and/or other legislations (including Management of Police Information (MOPI) statutory guidance.
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills (both orally and written).
- Good planning skills, with the ability to effectively manage and organise a multiple caseload with competing priorities, whilst adhering to strict deadlines.
- Experience in a customer service role, especially dealing with sensitive and emotional situations.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and also as part of a wider team.
- Demonstrate ability to produce accurate letters and disclosures.
- Excellent keyboard skills, knowledge of Microsoft office suite and experience of learning and using bespoke computer systems and databases.
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working in a policing environment.
- Ability to travel as required throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and to other locations as appropriate.
Hours of work are 22.5 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a Permanent basis.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from our at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].