Data Protection Assistant
OCC, Wymondham / PHQ Martlesham
Temporary to 31 March 2020
£20,115 - £22,668 per annum
Closing date: Friday 22 February at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C365 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Information Management Department at Police Headquarters, OCC, Wymondham or PHQ Martlesham.
The successful applicant will support the Information Management team in ensuring that the Constabulary meets its statutory obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and associated legislation through researching police information systems and responding appropriately to requests for information from members of the public and a variety of external organisations. The successful applicant will also provide advice and guidance to internal and external customers on their individual rights and gaining access to information.
The successful applicant should demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills, experience of a customer service role, together with the ability to liaise with other organisations, the general public and all levels of staff. Furthermore, you should have knowledge of Data Protection with evidence of managing a multiple workload and working effectively in a team environment.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Practical knowledge of the Data Protection Act and/or other legislations including the Management of Police Information (MOPI) Statutory Guidance.
- Good planning skills, with the ability to effectively organise, prioritise and review work to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and also as part of a wider team.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Experience of managing a multiple caseload with competing priorities and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce accurate letters and reports.
- Good keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working in a policing environment.
- Ability to travel as required throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and to other locations as appropriate.
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].