Custody Development Officer
OCC, Wymondham / PHQ, Martlesham
£32,796 - £37,440
Closing Date: Friday 17 January at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1138 on application form
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join the Joint Custody Command, within the Joint Justice Services Command. The successful applicant will support the operation of Good Police Custody, against the Expectations for Police Custody, and Safer Detention Principals, as well as providing support to the Head of Custody in the development of policy, contract management, and partnership liaison on behalf of the department.
The successful applicants will be required to:
- Be the primary point of contact for Constabulary Staff reporting issues regarding health care provision within Custody
- Work with Force leads across Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies regarding Mental Health related issues affecting custody, including the monitoring and reporting of Section 136 detentions
- Scan and research sources of information to ensure that the Head of Custody is briefed on upcoming changes in legislation/guidance
- Work closely with SBOS (Strategic Business and Operational Services) in relation to the on-going development of the monthly custody performance data pack
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels both within the Constabulary and other organisations
- A very good knowledge of PACE Code C, Mental Health Act 1983 and associated codes of practice, Authorised Professional Practice (APP)
- Proven ability to collate, analyse and assess information (e.g. trend analysis), developing conclusions and producing management reports/briefings
- Proven experience of innovative and creative approaches to problem solving
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under own initiative to prioritise a demanding workload with conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate experience of working in a partnership environment at an operational level
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the Custody Management Team with a high level of initiative throughout
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Ability to travel as required
- Good computer skills including use of Microsoft suite
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8am until 4pm. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].