Crime Quality Assurance Assistant
Salary (including ‘pro rata’ - if required) Band D: £23,946 - £27,096
Closing Date: Friday 22 February
Please quote Ref: C595a on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Crime Data Integrity & Quality Assurance Team (CDIQAT) based at OCC, Wymondham.
The core purpose of the role will be to undertake quality assurance checks on the Force crime and incident recording processes to ensure these reflect national standards on crime, incident and outcome recording, and that poor adherence is corrected and communicated on an individual and organisational level.
The successful applicant will undertake quality assurance on both crime and call data, applying corrective or remedial action or making recommendations for improvement using rationale that reflects national standards of crime, incident and outcome recording. Disseminate ‘live time’ feedback in a clear and timely manner to officers and staff with a view to continuous improvement.
Any other duties commensurate with the role and grade as may reasonably be requested by line management.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to extract, collate and evaluate data, and present findings using a variety of tools such as Athena, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Power Point.
- Previous quality assurance experience
- Proven ability to develop and deliver solutions to problems by considering and applying guidelines consistently across a range of situations
- Ability to work on own initiative, producing work to tight timescales and with good time management skills
- Demonstrate a strong critical eye and attention to detail
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working with Home Office Counting Rules for Recorded Crime and National Crime Recording Standards
Hours of work are a fixed shift pattern working seven days a week (includes Early, Late and weekend working).
This post is offered on a permanent basis.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact D.Inspector Zoe Newman, on 01953 425508
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
Please return completed applications by email to below email address quoting vacancy Reference Number: C595a
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].