Dereham Police Station
Full Time (37 Hours) - Permanent
£21,135 - £23,817 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 1 October 2021 at 5pm
Please quote ref: L2042 on application form
This post will be based at Dereham Police Station, supporting the staff at the station and those at Swaffham and Watton. You will be a central point of contact for all Dereham Police business concerning estates, facilities and health and safety.
You will work to the Inspector of Dereham being responsible for safe management of the site and its respective equipment ordering. You will have responsibility for ensuring the servicing of police vehicles and calibration of other equipment. Whilst maintaining the administrative function in its entirety, you will also support the broader district in keeping minutes of meetings, monitoring and allocating complaints and co-ordinating duties of the command team.
These duties must be carried out to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. You will be based at Dereham.
The CPC Administrator role is one which works on flexi time as per policy and pro rata allowances.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good keyboard skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in a general administration or secretarial role
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liais
- effectively at all levels within the Constabulary
- Demonstrate good organisational skills to manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to find appropriate solutions to problems using own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to travel as required and attend remote locations across Norfolk
- Proven ability to accurately compose documents and presentation material
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of maintaining financial records of income and expenditure
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Previous project experience
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].