Corporate News Officer
Various Locations, - Norfolk
Full Time – Permanent
Band E: £26,802 per annum
Closing date: Friday 22 February 2019 at 5pm
Please quote L863 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Corporate Communications department at OCC.
The successful applicant will contribute to the Constabulary’s external and internal news agendas, communicating to the public, media, partners, communities and officers and staff, whilst promoting the values of the organisation and positively managing its reputation.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Relevant professional journalistic, marketing or PR qualification (NCTJ or CIM or equivalent); or recent practical experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in a fast moving media or news office, in an editorial role
- Demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative
- Evidence of ability to successfully communicate with a range of different audiences
Knowledge and experience of using social media networks.
- Good keyboard skills and competency using Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel and attend remote locations across Norfolk/Suffolk (as applicable)
- Flexibility regarding working hours to participate in an out-of-hours on standby Communications Officer rota (weekends/or evenings)
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Thorough knowledge of legal reporting restrictions for police and media
Hours of work are 37 per week, between Monday to Friday Flexibility regarding working hours to participate in an out-of-hours on – standby Communications Officer rota (weekends and/or evenings) after training. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].