Carrow House, Norwich
Casual Worker (0 hours)
Band E: £14.17 per hour
Closing date: Friday, 30 August 2019 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: Z46 on application form
The Coroner’s department is seeking casual Coroner’s Officers based at Carrow House office in Norwich. The role involves receiving and investigating reports of deaths, liaising with bereaved families, doctors, pathologists, investigating officers and external agencies to produce reports and Inquest files on behalf of H.M. Coroner.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Demonstrate a knowledge of medical terms and procedures
- Strong analytical skills with experience of scrutinising data in order to make recommendations
- Demonstrate excellent written communication skills with the ability to compile evidential reports and files
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to liaise in a clear, concise and sensitive manner with external partners, members of the public and internal staff/officers of all levels
- Ability to deal with situations and material of a potentially distressing nature
- Basic keyboard skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to fulfil all the travel requirements of the post, including the need to attend identifications, scene of death or visit next of kin outside of office hours as required
- Flexibility and ability to work as and where required within Norfolk
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate knowledge of police procedures and policies
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience of the following: Data Protection Act, Government Protective Marking Scheme, Equality Act 2010, Coroner’s Rules, Registration Act (Registration of Deaths
The post holder would be required to work on a zero hours casual worker agreement.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].