OCC Wymondham or PHQ, Martlesham
Full time (37 Hours) – Permanent
£24,546 - £27,774 per annum
Closing date: Friday 12 March 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C864a on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Joint Information Management Department based at PHQ, Martlesham or OCC, Wymondham. The successful applicant will support the Information Management team in ensuring that personal data held within both Forces is compliant with the Data Protection Act and associated legislation, protocols and standards.
Daily activities may include:
- Transaction monitoring; verifying transactions on force systems
- Audits; Inspecting information assets and reporting their compliance with the Data Protection Act and local/national policy and procedure, including holding meetings, dip-sampling, observations in live working environments, informal interviews and other audit methodologies
- Report writing; reporting on the finding of audits and/or any compliance issues found in daily work
- Research; the appointed candidate may be required to research local/national policy, standard operating procedures, Codes of Connection and other relevant documents
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the role and grade as may be requested by management
Whilst the role is normally based at the advertised location, the appointed candidate may be required to work at other establishments across both Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies or further afield as may be reasonably required.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working in an auditing environment
- Knowledge and practical application of the Data Protection Act and/or other legislations including the Management of Police Information (MOPI) Statutory Guidance
- Ability to analyse information from a number of sources to reach a conclusion on the effectiveness of controls and processes and to identify areas of improvement
- Effective verbal and written communication and influencing skills and experience of writing comprehensive reports
- Good keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Good planning skills, with the ability to effectively organise, prioritise and review work to achieve deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and also as part of a wider team
- Experience of managing a multiple caseload with competing priorities and adhering to strict deadlines
- Evidenced ability to create accurate documents, demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel as required throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and to other locations as appropriate
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Member of the ‘Institute of Internal Auditors’ or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working in a policing environment
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].