Part time (18.5 Hours) – Permanent
£24,546 - £27,774 per annum
Closing date: Friday 12 March 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C864b on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Joint Information Management Department at Police Headquarters, Martlesham Heath.
The successful applicant will support the Information Management team in ensuring that personal data held within both Forces is compliant with the Data Protection Act 2018 and associated legislation, protocols, guidance and standards. The successful applicant should demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills together with the ability to liaise with other organisations, the general public and all levels of staff. Furthermore, you should have knowledge of Data Protection with evidence of managing a multiple workload and working effectively in a team environment.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working in a compliance-based environment
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act 2018 and/or other legislations including the Management of Police Information (MoPI) Statutory Guidance
- Ability to analyse information from a number of sources to reach a conclusion on the effectiveness of controls and processes
- Effective verbal and written communication and influencing skills
- Experience of writing comprehensive reports
- Good keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good planning skills with the ability to effectively organise, prioritise and review work
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and also as part of a wider team
- Experience of managing multiple caseloads with competing priorities and adhering to strict deadlines
- Evidenced ability to create accurate documents demonstrating excellent attention to detail
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working in a policing environment
- Ability to travel as required throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and to other locations as appropriate
Hours of work are 18.5 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].