CCR, OCC, Wymondham
Full Time (37 hours) – Permanent
Band D : £22,902 - £25,914 per annum
Friday 23 November 2018 at 5pm
Please quote L789 on application form
Could you work in the Norfolk Police Contact and Control Room?
The Contact & Control Room is at the hub of Norfolk Constabulary’s services. We operate 24/7 and you will need to be flexible and work shifts as required (including some Bank Holidays). We are making plans for 2019 and are looking for staff to work fixed shifts Monday to Friday between the hours of 0900 and 2300, and on our 24/7 teams who work a rotating shift pattern of two early shifts, two late shifts and two night shifts, followed by four rest days.
- You will frequently be making difficult decisions, prioritising conflicting demands under pressure and taking personal responsibility for delivering the right service.
- You will speak to telephone callers (including 999) who may be vulnerable, confused, distressed, frightened or even angry.
- You will be giving telephone advice to the public for a variety of different issues.
- You will use our cutting edge Digital Radio Communications System to control Police resources – often in difficult and demanding circumstances.
- You will be responsible for conducting telephone crime investigations.
- You will already be comfortable with using complicated I.T. Systems.
- You will already be able to audio type at 30wpm (we will be testing you).
If you think you have got what it takes then please apply for our assessment days.
Those submitting an application will be invited to an assessment centre, normally held at Dereham Police Station. At the assessment centre you will undertake a series of tests that reflect the realities of the Communications Officer role including your typing speed, decision making and telephone manner. These will be assessed on the day, and any successful applicants will then be interviewed, before being advised of the outcome.
Please be aware that participation in these events will be by prior appointment only and previous applicants over the last 6 months will not be considered.
Anyone who wishes to be considered for appointment should download an application pack via the form below.
N/S constabulary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Please return completed application form and monitoring form by email to below email address quoting vacancy Reference Number: L789