Citizens in Policing - Attraction and Engagement Officer
PHQ, Martlesham / Homeworking
Full Time (37 hours) – Permanent for 2 years
£24,546 - £27,774 per annum
Friday, 29 October 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C994b on application form
Citizens in Policing (CiP) is the umbrella term for all strands of Volunteers within Policing, The Special Constabulary, Police Support Volunteers and Volunteer Police Cadets.
Due to growth within this area of business we are recruiting a new and exciting role to join our close-knit, friendly and supportive CiP team in Suffolk to grow and promote volunteering for Suffolk Constabulary.
The role will mainly focus on attracting citizens to join our Special Constabulary as ‘Career Specials’ through the Employer Supported Policing scheme. If you are a ‘people person’ with a drive to promote volunteering and recruit and engage with our local community and local businesses within Suffolk we would love to hear from you.
The role holder will positively encourage and mentor applicants towards volunteering within our Force and engage with local business to become part of the national Employee Supported Policing Scheme.
The team are moving towards ‘Hybrid Homeworking’ and so this role will be a combination of working from home, attending community recruitment events, visiting external organisation and companies and also working from our office at Police Headquarters in Martlesham
Job advert (including person specification)
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Ability to engage and build positive working relationships at all levels with a wide range of diverse audiences, partners and stakeholders
- Experience in or knowledge of developing innovative methods of attraction recruitment
- Demonstrate strong presentation or public speaking skills, preferably within high level business environment
- Ability to retain a clear, professional approach with members of the public and staff at all levels
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, with a high degree of flexibility, integrity and motivation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of local communities in particular under-represented and minority groups
- Proven ability to be proactive and think strategically
- Able to work outside of normal office hours in evenings and weekends as mutually agreed and to travel across Suffolk and further afield as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Knowledge of Policing policies and strategies
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday, there may be a requirement to work some weekends or evenings. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].