CCR Support Systems Supervisor
Dereham Police Station
Part Time (14.8 Hours) - Permanent
£28,725 - £32,673 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 28 January 2022 at 5pm
Job Ref: Please quote Ref: L2239 on application form
The Contact and Control Room is a busy and sometimes demanding environment. The hub of communication across the county, its staff deal with emergency calls and command major incidents, as well as being responsible for all other forms of contact and police deployment. Applications are invited for the above post to provide supervision to the systems and support staff based at the office within Dereham Police Station.
The successful applicant will provide effective supervisory first line management for the team, dealing with issues of staff discipline, sickness, welfare, performance, and development for the CCR.
There is a requirement to provide information and statistical data on staffing levels, commitments, and abstractions, leading to costings for specific events.
Service delivery is paramount; therefore, a successful candidate will ensure that the performance of the emergency call centre is maintained through effective staff planning.
There is a need for a critical eye to identify likely shortfalls in staffing plans, generating the need for further engagement with the senior management team to ensure that the required changes are actioned.
The candidate will need to supervise time-off, flexible working arrangements, and duties ensuring that the FTE is maintained across the CCR establishment.
There is an expectation that the successful candidate will have a problem-solving mindset, utilising this skill to resolve communication issues with the systems used within the CCR to promote good public service.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience of planning staff duties
- Working knowledge of the Equality Act, Employment Law, the Police Staff Handbook and Police Regulations particularly on working conditions
- Experience in configuring user end of databases / communications software systems and developing training packages for users following software upgrades
- Proven ability to problem-solve, assess options to resolve a situation and make the appropriate decision
- Proven ability to maintain consistent staffing through recruitment streams
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with other departments including staffing associations, HR and Resource management teams
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience in force CCR systems including Storm, Mitel and Crown DMS
- Proven supervision experience in emergency contact and control rooms
Hours of work are 14.8 per week to be worked on Monday and Thursday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email quoting ref L2239 to [email protected]