Business Support Officer
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Norfolk
Permanent – Full Time (37 Hours)
£20,619 - £23,235 per annum
Friday 30 October 2020 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C778 on application form
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and self-motivated Business Support Officer to support the Police and Crime Commissioner, Chief Executive and wider corporate management team.
Previous experience is essential, with the ability to work on your own initiative, maintaining a calm, positive and flexible approach. We are looking for team players with the ability to project a professional image of the organisation through demonstrating excellent customer service.
You will be comfortable working within a team but also have the skills and confidence to work independently. You will be a self-starter, motivated, with a 'can do' attitude with a willingness to learn. You will have the ability to form good working relationships within the organisation and key partners, working closely with the Corporate Management Team.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in an administrative role
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- GCSE’s or equivalent
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Good standard of ICT skills with experience of using Microsoft Office
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people across all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Literate and numerate
- Flexible approach to work and changing priorities
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Administrative qualification at NVQ Level 3 or above
- Ability to problem solve and work under own initiative with limited supervision
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].